07 February, 2014

Book Review: The Lost Stories





From Goodreads: Will, there's something you should know. Something I should have told you long ago...There are stories about the Rangers that have never been heard before and it's time for you to hear them; stories about your parents and how you came to be an orphan; about how a Ranger's life was saved; and, about what happens next for you and your loyal friends. Are you ready to hear the truth?

Thoughts: I was a bit concerned when I first found out about this book. I always thought book 10 was the last, but then this came out. Happily I will report it didn't seem to suffer from being a tag on book.
In this, John Flanagan shares 9 stories that fill in some gaps from the series. You get to discover how Will became a ward, how Halt became a Ranger, a little more about Gilan and even a marriage or two!
One of the things I love about this series is how easy it is to read. The stories flow, there is humour and above all their is an emphasis on the importance of friendship.
A quick search of Flanagan's website shows a 12th book. The Random House site says it's the last book in the series. I've just placed it on hold at the library so stay tuned, I will be reviewing it!