05 January, 2014

Challenges in 2014

Well almost a week into 2014 and I am thinking about what challenges to take on this year. I think I'm all challenged out this year - so I am whittling right back. I am doing one challenge set by someone else and one challenge I am thinking about setting myself.

This post will be all about the challenge being set by Miss Dove. This year she is running the
Little White Dove
I love the idea of this challenge if for no other reason than my TBR list, like most readers is huge! So here's the idea. In 2014 you need to read 5 books that have been on your TBR list for "someday". You know the ones. The ones you will read, but not today. Someday - later. Well later is here!

My five from forever will be:

1. Brave New World - Aldos Huxley

2. Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen

3. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - Rebecca Skloot

4. The Help - Kathryn Stockett

5. Egg-Larva-Pupa-Women - Ogo Akubue Oybata


I had a hard time choosing just five, so I've added two back ups just in case one of the ones above don't strike my fancy at any time.

1. Me Talk Pretty One Day - David Sedaris

2. Oryx and Crake - Margaret Atwood

A tongue in cheek crack was made about me completing the challenge by Australia Day (January 26). I cheekily replied I would try and have at least one done by then! So after I have finished my current read, I'll be picking one of these.

Want to join in? Pop on over to Little White Dove and sign up!