11 December, 2012

Long Time No Blog

Well it's been awhile since I blogged, but I'm still reading. Truth be told I'm not sure what is going to happen with the blog - may take a break, may stop, may change it's purpose. I know however that I am not enjoying it as much - seeing it more as a chore and that's not what it's suppose to be about. So from now until the end of the year, I will pop in, update my reading list - maybe post a review (or not) and then in the new year. who knows! I'm not blogging on my craft blog either and I think part of it is trying to maintain two, so I might merge them into one! If you are one of my few followers, stay around, until Feb/ Mar next year at least and I should have a decision!

So, I'm not going to post reviews, but here is what I have been reading.

Various Positions - Martha Schabas
 I really enjoyed this but was confused by reviews on GoodReads that suggested it was a YA book.  I never saw it as such and my library has it shelved in the adult fiction area so I'm not sure where the idea came from. It's dark and it's nasty - definitely not YA!


Fifty Shades Darker - E L James
I promised myself I wouldn't, but I find it so hard to read only one in a series! Slightly better written than the first, Ana slightly less annoying, but I still don't get the huge attraction of these books or of Mr Grey. Yes he is rich and gorgeous, but he is also controlling and totally unreasonable in some of his demands



Reaper Man - Terry Prtachett
 Ah, my beloved Pratchett, what more can I say!


The Vanishing Point - Val McDermid
 The first of McDermid's I've read that didn't have Tony Hill as the lead character. I enjoyed it and finished it in less than 24 hours - been a long time since I've done that!



The Interrogation of Ashala Wolf - Ambelin Kwaymullina
So we went camping the other weekend and someone (most probably one of the kids) I think sat on my kindle and broke it! So while I am waiting for Amazon to send a replacement (their customer service is pretty good!) I've decided to start going through this list of books I've take from other bloggers. Basically working through it, using the library. This was first cab off the rank - not bad. Has potential.

Afterwards - Rosamund Lupton
Took me a little while to get into it, but really enjoyed it in the end. Interesting idea really.


Fifty Shades Freed - E L James
See comment above on Fifty Shades Darker. Every time I see that #1 New York Times Bestseller tag I think - really??

Witches Abroad - Terry Pratchett
Pure Pratchett!