08 October, 2011

Forever

Title: Forever
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls
Genre: Fiction
Audience: Young Adult
Format: Own

From Goodreads: The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy from Maggie Stiefvater. 
In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

What I thought: The conclusion to the Wolves of Mercy Falls. I had this pre ordered, but have taken my time getting around to reading it. I read some not so favourable reviews so have most probably put it off for a bit. Now, having read it, I was quite happy with it. It finishes the series off quite nicely, although I didn't find it as gripping as Shiver and Linger. The intensity of Sam and Grace's relationship just didn't seem to be there in this one, although there is no doubt their commitment to each other is there. As I said, a nice finishing.

Recommended for: those who like their teenage paranormal fiction to have a bit of quality about it!

Challenges:  100+ Challenge,  For the Love of Young Adult Fiction Challenge