18 July, 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading?


What are you reading Monday  is hosted by Shelia over at Book Journey. Head over and check out what others are reading!

Would you believe I haven't done a Monday post since April! I'm not going to bother with what I've read since then. If you are interested, check out my 100+ Reading Challenge page to see what I have been reading!

What am I reading now?


Half of A Yellow Sun - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

This is our next book club book and I am really enjoying it. The story centres around the rise and fall of Biafra. Biafra was a secessionist state in Nigeria from 1967 until 1970 when is was reabsorbed into Nigeria. I've never even heard of it, but the book is quite thought provoking.

The Sunday Philosophy Club - Alexander McCall Smith

I'm listening to this in the car. I love the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency Series, so decided to check out another of McCall Smith's series. Must admit, I'm not impressed and am unlikely to go looking for the second in this series.

What's next?

As usual, I ploughing my way through a backlog of library books. I'm also reading and review books for some posts about the Children's Book Council of Australia Book of the Year Awards.  I've already reviewed all the Older Readers books and chosen my winner and honour books. Look out for posts regarding the younger reader, picture books and early childhood categories.