05 April, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


What are you reading Monday  is hosted by Shelia over at Book Journey. Head over and check out what others are reading!

Eeek! It was February when I last did a Monday reading post! I went through a bit of a blogging slump, although I still have been reading. Ready for a catch up??

What I finished since I last posted

Foster - Claire Keegan  
The Hero of Ages - Brandon Sanderson 
The Night Bookmobile - Audrey Niffenegger 
Ascension - Steven Galloway 
Magyk - Angie Sage 
The Icebound Land - John Flanagan 
The Scold's Bridle - Minette Walters 
Liar - Justine Larbalestier 

See, told you I'd still been reading!

What am I reading now? 

I Do Not Come to You By Chance - Adaobi Tricia Nmaubani 

Nigerian Kingsley is having trouble finding an engineering job after completing his degree. He needs money to help support his family and marry the girl of his dreams. Desperate, he turns to his uncle Boniface who is rumoured to have been very successful due to email scams. Can he earn the money without compromising his values? 

The Group - Mary McCarthy 

This is my current car audio book. Considered rather risqué in it's day (first published 1954), it follows eight Vassar girls determined to lead lives different from their  "stuffy" parents.



What's next?
As usual I have a vast backlog of library books. I've currently arranged them in order of due dates and am endeavouring to get through them!

So what are you reading this week? Leave me a link, I'd love to know!